Scampi is a simple sauce bursting with flavors of garlic, lemon, and butter. This recipe only takes a few minutes and will be sure to have your stomach growling and taste buds tingling.
Traditionally, scampi is a straightforward sauce. You get quality olive oil, garlic, lemon, parsley, and a little butter at the end. At The Daily Catch, we add dry white wine to give the sauce some depth and Romano (sheep) cheese to make it thicker and creamier.
Shrimp scampi is traditional and found on menus across America. However, Calamari Scampi is a specialty of The Daily Catch and is one of seven ways we prepare calamari! Sauté the calamari separately as to cook off the water that comes out of the squid. Build up your scampi sauce in a separate pan and add the calamari before you deglaze the pan with wine.
To make the perfect scampi, you must use our Scampi Compound Butter to finish off your sauce. Our butter is packed with a signature blend of herbs and spices to create authentic Daily Catch flavors that can’t be replicated without our ingredients. See our easy recipe and how you can cook Calamari or Shrimp Scampi like The Daily Catch in 20 minutes!
Calamari Scampi Recipe
Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 2 – 4 Servings
- 2 Stick of The Daily Catch Scampi Butter
- 1 lb Calamari or Shrimp (Deveined and peeled)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Lemon, juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Romano Cheese, grated
- ½ lb linguine (optional)
- Olive Oil for sautéing
- Salt, Pepper & Red Pepper flakes to taste
- If serving over pasta, bring 5 cups of salted water to a boil and cook the linguine until al dente
- On medium heat, sauté oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until your garlic starts to turn light brown.
- Add calamari or shrimp and sauté for about two minutes. Add white wine to deglaze the pan, stir to incorporate. Squeeze in lemon juice, add parsley. Once calamari or shrimp begin to curl (approx. 2 minutes), turn heat to low.
- Cut The Daily Catch Scampi Butter into pieces and add to the sauce. Stir the sauce constantly and allow the butter to melt. Add Romano cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Optional, toss in pasta, or serve with bread.
Try this recipe for yourself by purchasing the ingredients: